These policies only apply to Business Customers*.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE
Please note that, from September 2017, we only provide solutions to Business Users*.
If you are a consumer who purchased goods prior to September 2017, please contact email@example.com for relevant terms and conditions.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
OTHER APPLICABLE TERMS
If you purchase goods from our site, our Terms and conditions of supply will apply to the sales.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US
Our site is a site operated by Anders Electronics plc (“We"). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 000507451, with our registered office at Acre House, 11-15 William Road, London NW1 3ER. Our main trading address is Kings Studios, 43-45 Kings Terrace, London NW1 0JR. Our VAT number is 232206118.
We are a public limited company.
2. CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
3. CHANGES TO OUR SITE
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
4. ACCESSING OUR SITE
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
6. AUTHORITY TO BIND
- You confirm that you have authority to bind any business on whose behalf you use our site to purchase Products.
- These Terms and any document expressly referred to in them constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersede and extinguish all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
- You acknowledge that in entering into this Contract you do not rely on any statement, representation, assurance or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in these Terms or any document expressly referred to in them.
- You and we agree that neither of us shall have any claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation or negligent misstatement based on any statement in this Contract.
7. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US
- After you place an order, you will receive an order acknowledgement via e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order and setting out the price, VAT and delivery charges as well as the dispatch date. The Contract between us will only be formed when we send you the order acknowledgement.
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our site as referred to in clause 10.5, we will inform you of this by e-mail and we will not process your order. If you have already paid for the Products, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- The order acknowledgement will set out an estimated dispatch date. Occasionally our delivery to you may be affected by an Event Outside Our Control. See clause 15 for our responsibilities when this happens.
- Delivery of an Order shall be completed when we deliver the Products to the address you gave us and the Products will be your responsibility from that time.
- You own the Products once we have received payment in full, including all applicable delivery charges and the Products have been delivered to the address you provided us with.
9. INTERNATIONAL DELIVERY
- We deliver to most countries outside of the United Kingdom (International Delivery Destinations). However there are restrictions on some Products for certain International Delivery Destinations. If we are unable to deliver to your International Delivery Destination, we shall contact you to inform you.
- If you order Products for delivery to an International Delivery Destination, your order may be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied when the delivery reaches that destination. Please note that we have no control over these charges and we cannot predict their amount.
- You will be responsible for payment of any such import duties and taxes. Please contact your local customs office for further information before placing your order.
- You must comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the country for which the Products are destined. We will not be liable or responsible if you break any such law.
10. PRICE OF PRODUCTS AND DELIVERY CHARGES
- The prices of the Products will be as on our quote. We use our reasonable efforts to ensure that the prices of Products are correct at the time when the relevant information was entered onto the system.
- Prices for our Products may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order you have already placed.
- The price of a Product excludes VAT and VAT (where applicable) at the applicable current rate chargeable in the UK for the time being will be advised to you on our quotation. However, if the rate of VAT changes between the date of your order and the date of delivery, we will adjust the VAT you pay, unless you have already paid for the Products in full before the change in VAT takes effect. For EU sales, we will provide you with a VAT exemption with the product when it is dispatched to you. For non EU sales, VAT is not chargeable.
The price of a Product does not include delivery charges. These will be detailed to you on the quotation and need to be agreed with you prior to placing an order.
11. HOW TO PAY
- You can only pay for Products using the following methods: Mastercard or Visa (in each case by either debit card or credit card) or bank transfer.
- Payment for the Products and all applicable delivery charges is in advance.
12. MANUFACTURER GUARANTEES
- Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer's guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer's guarantee provided with the Products.
13. OUR WARRANTY FOR THE PRODUCTS
- For Products which do not have a manufacturer's guarantee, we provide a warranty as stated on our site. This varies between 1 and 5 years depending on the Product. We warrant that the Products shall be free from material defects. However, this warranty does not apply in the circumstances described in clause 13.2.
- The warranty in clause 13.1 does not apply to any defect in the Products arising from:
(a) fair wear and tear;
(b) wilful damage, abnormal storage or working conditions, accident, negligence by you or by any third party;
(c) if you fail to operate or use the Products in accordance with the user instructions;
(d) any alteration or repair by you or by a third party who is not one of our authorised repairers; or
(e) any specification provided by you.
14. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU AS A BUSINESS
- Nothing in these Terms limits or excludes our liability for:
(a) death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
(b) fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
(c) breach of the terms implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 (title and quiet possession); or
(d) defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Subject to clause 14.1, we will under no circumstances whatever be liable to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Contract for:
(a) any loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
(b) loss or corruption of data, information or software;
(c) loss of business opportunity;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of goodwill; or
(f) any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 14.1, our total liability to you in respect of all losses arising under or in connection with the Contract, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall in no circumstances exceed the price of the Products.
- Except as expressly stated in these Terms, we do not give any representation, warranties or undertakings in relation to the Products. Any representation, condition or warranty which might be implied or incorporated into these Terms by statute, common law or otherwise is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. In particular, we will not be responsible for ensuring that the Products are suitable for your purposes.
15. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control. An Event Outside Our Control is defined below in clause 15.2.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control, including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- If an Event Outside Our Control takes place that affects the performance of our obligations under a Contract:
(a) we will contact you as soon as reasonably possible to notify you; and
(b) our obligations under a Contract will be suspended and the time for performance of our obligations will be extended for the duration of the Event Outside Our Control. Where the Event Outside Our Control affects our delivery of Products to you, we will arrange a new delivery date with you after the Event Outside Our Control is over.
- You may cancel a Contract affected by an Event Outside Our Control which has continued for more than 30 days. To cancel please contact us. If you opt to cancel, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will refund the price you have paid, including any delivery charges.
16. SUPPORT & RETURNS
- If you are experiencing an issue with our products under the terms of the warranty, we offer different options through our technical platform.
(a) Before returning products, customers are invited to check the FAQ and support documents within our technical support platform, which are continuously updated by our engineers. If these documents are not sufficient to resolve the issue or if a customer want to raise a Returns Merchandise Authorisation (RMA), the customer will have to create a technical ticket following the steps described in the platform.
(b) Every effort will be made by our engineers to solve the problem remotely. Should a return be necessary, an RMA form will be sent to you for completion. Returns will not be accepted without completion of this form.
- If the product is no longer under warranty, our customers can:
(a) consult the documentations (troubleshooting, FAQ…) in our technical platform,
(b) contact our team to discuss requirements and receive quotation for new product(s).
17. COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US
- When we refer, in these Terms, to "in writing", this will include e-mail.
- Any notice or other communication given by you to us, or by us to you, under or in connection with the Contract shall be in writing and shall be delivered personally, sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service or e-mail.
- A notice or other communication shall be deemed to have been received: if delivered personally, when left at our trading address; if sent by pre-paid first class post or other next working day delivery service, at 9.00 am on the second Business Day after posting or if sent by e-mail, one Business Day after transmission.
- In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
- The provisions of this clause shall not apply to the service of any proceedings or other documents in any legal action.
18. OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these Terms to another person if we agree in writing.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we fail to insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- A Contract and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
- We both irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with a Contract or its subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
*From September 2017, we only provide solutions to Business Users. To Non-Business Users who purchased item(s) prior to this date: we will of course honour the warranty given at the time of your purchase. If you would like to refer to the Terms and Conditions of Sale for Consumers, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.